Here are some suggestions to consider:
- Eat a well-balanced diet that’s high in fibre and low in fat. See the Canada Food Guide for more information (www.hc-sc.gc.ca).
- Avoid smoking. If you do smoke, talk to your doctor about options to help you quit.
- Sleep is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Establish a consistent bedtime routine to help you get enough sleep.
- Regular exercise is an important factor in helping you manage your MS. Not only is it good for your overall health, but it can help to reduce fatigue,
improve bladder and bowel function, strength, balance, mobility and mood.
- Try to keep a good mental attitude and keep your stress level in check.
- Reach out for help when needed.
Read our articles above for more and suggestions to consider.